Memodyn Compression Staple
The MEMODYN is a memory compression staple that is available in two leg "S" shape and "Quad" four leg designs.
Since 1990, the MEMODYN has been manufacturing and selling in Europe. The MEMODYN is CE approved, received US FDA approval in 2001 and has over 200,000 MEMODYN staples implanted worldwide.
The Shape Memory alloy (nitinol) allows the MEMODYN to come packaged sterile at room temperature and once implanted, return to its shape memory compressed position. Dynamic and permanent compression is achieved at the arthrodesis or osteotomy site.
- Akin Osteotomy
- IP Joint Arthrodesis of Toe
- Metatarsophalangeal (MPJ) Joint Arthrodesis
- Crescentric Osteotomy
- Tarsal-Metatarsal Fusion
- MidFoot (navicular-cunieform) Fusion
- Lapidus Procedure
- Triple Arthrodesis (C-C and T-N Joint)
HAND and WRIST
- Scaphoid Non-Unions
- CMC Joint Arthrodesis
- Intercarpal Arthrodesis
- Partial Wrist Fusions
- Four Corner Wrist Fusions
- MCP Thumb Fusion
- Simple four step surgical technique
- Dynamic compression that is maintained compared to "static" compression of plates
- Low profile
- Variety of sizes
- US FDA APPROVED